Wednesday 7 October 2015

Quick craft: How to age jewelry

Today I purchased a new pair of earring from Glitter which is a Finnish costume jewelry shop and decided that they weren't quite me. Thus I decided to make a little tutorial about how I aged them a bit. 


Here is what you need.

- A piece of modern blingy jewelry.
-Markers. The black and the blender are necessary but if you don't want to add colour then you don't need the coloured one. I chose to add colour. 


Then just start colouring the gems. I chose to make the central stones green to match my green jewelry.


This is how it should look after the first coat. From here just add more black to the stones of your choosing and lighten others with the blender. If your blender gets too dark just clean it by colouring some white paper. 


Before and after. I decided not to make them perfectly symmetrical to make them seem more authentic.


Done. Now let them dry for over night and go enjoy your new bling!

Madame Parapluie

4 comments:

  1. Neat results. I might actually check out some of the cheap stone jewelry now that I know how to make them actually look good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I find this the best way to transform something rather garish into something quite lovely.

      Delete
  2. This is really nifty! I might try this sometime!
    Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete